Or how to wake up the whole neighborhood in 12 easy steps.
1.go to bed. Make sure to take your Unisom (generic will be fine)
1 1/2. Don't forget to turn on the air conditioner and close all doors!
2.SLEEP blissfully unaware of whats to come. Make sure to accidentally leave the window open the the "craft room" (no crafts are actually DONE in there though..)
3. get woken up at 6:30 ish to a thunk thunk thunk on the air conditioner. Slowly wake up from the siren that is Unisom.
4. Realize there is a noise in the other room.
5.Realize it is the fire alarm.
6. Grab your robe (let's not get into what was worn to bed) and stumble to the craft room to kill th noise (you are STILL not fully awake)
7. Glance out the window while killing the fire alarm (dying battery - no fire!) see the nice police man's car in front of your house.
8.Hear the phone ringing. Cinch robe tighter. stumble downstairs.
9.Greet your worried neighbors and friends (and the friendly police man!) with MAJOR bed-head.
10. Let them know about the alarm. A n the Unisom and the closed door. and the Air conditioner....
11. Thank everyone. Make a mental note to give my one neighbor a key to the house.
12. As you go back to bed. Hear the siren to call the fire trucks -- it only rings once though. Realize they were ABOUT TO CALL THE FIRE ENGINE TO YOUR HOUSE!!!!
THANK GOD for my good friends who were worried enough about me to do all this!